Macros are macro-nutrients. They are protein, carbohydrates, and fats. How much of each should you eat for effective fat loss?
Calculate Effective Macros
Here are the steps:
1. Find how many calories and what your macros currently are. You can use MyFitnessPal for 1-3 days. You’ll be able to see how much protein, carbohydrates and fats you are eating. You should be able to see a percentage for each.
2. See if the amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fats you are eating is balanced or not. They should be somewhere around 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 20% fats. If you find your current diet to be a much higher percentage of carbohydrates, like 50 or 60%, then you know it’s time to reduce them.
3. If you’re carbohydrate percentage is higher than 40%, then eat more protein, and it should balance the marcros after a few days of testing.
4. Make sure the types of food you’re eating are junk food and are balanced. For example, if you’re getting all your carbohydrates from pasta, pastries, bread, and cereal, then change it for potatoes, oats, and rice.
5. If you’re looking for fast results, you can lower your carbohydrates to 100g per day, but only do this for 2 weeks. Make sure you’re strict and then raise them back up for long term results.
6. Make sure you’re on a balanced and sustainable/ fun exercise program too improve results.
7. After 2 weeks at 100g of carbohydrates, then raise it back up to 33% protein, 33% carbohydrates, and 33% fat. In other words, very balanced eating, 3 meals a day, with small snacks like fruit, honey, and milk. These foods are good for the metabolism.